Long time no see. The last days I had some spare time and checked out different
static website generators. I got stuck with Hugo and
converted my existing website
mcbachmann.de and my blog
to Markdown by using
ExitWP for Hugo. After several
rounds of learning the peculiarities of Hugo, integrating the existing pictures
and reformatting the generated Markdown files I’m now finally able to manage my
website with simple text files and don’t have to care about WordPress updates.
Next steps are creating a CI pipeline in my local Gitea & Woodpecker setup so the website automatically gets deployed when I add or change articles. Also the size of the thumbnail images when opening an article is not yet perfect.
These sites are now automatically deployed by Woodpecker using the following setup.
FROM alpine:edge RUN apk --update add --no-cache hugo openssh-client rsync
--- pipeline: docker: image: docker volumes: - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock commands: - cd docker; docker build -t internal/deploy_hugo:latest . build: image: internal/deploy_hugo:latest commands: - hugo deploy: image: internal/deploy_hugo:latest commands: - mkdir /root/.ssh - chmod 700 /root/.ssh - echo "$ID_ECDSA" | base64 -d >/root/.ssh/id_ecdsa - chmod 600 /root/.ssh/id_ecdsa - rsync -avz --delete -e public/ deployuser@myhostname:/var/www/ secrets: [ id_ecdsa ]
Create a Woodpecker secret named
deploy step) and store your
private ECDSA key in Base64 format. Base64 is necessary as copying the ECDSA
key into Woodpecker will lose some unprintable characters and produce a
Also make sure the repository is marked “trusted” to allow volume mounts.